Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Digital vs. Analog Cameras

OK, right now I have a very nice 35mm analog camera with a 105mm zoom which my dad gave me for Christmas several years ago (thanks Dad!) It takes perfectly good pictures and I'm not dissatisfied with it in any way. However, The more pictures I've taken the more I've thought about taking my hobby to the next level with a professional style SLR camera. Not having a lot of familiarity with SLR's to begin with I'd like to know (from those who know) if I should get a digital SLR or an analog one. Obviously there is the matter of developing costs for analog which in the long run really adds up. On the other hand I've heard that many skilled photographers like the analog because it's "real" photography. In other words, some purists resist the digitizing of this media. Of course, they may also have access to a darkroom which I do not. I be very appreciative to anyone who can offer their thoughts on this matter.

2 Comments:

Blogger Gavin DeVore Leonard said...

dear jc,

clearly the analog is the way to go. this camera technology is amazing!! how do they do it?!

signed,

neanderthal man

ps - in the real world, i have no friggin clue which camera you should use.

7:08 PM  
Blogger JC said...

Alright Clones, that's the last time we'll have and posts from....neanderthal man? Unbelievable. You know the blog has completely gone downhill when you hear from... neanderthal man. Amazing.

5:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home