Monday, October 09, 2006

Can't Decide




I can't decide which picture I like better. The first one, which is the original photo, or the second, where I added a filter to give it the appearance of a painting, and to add some lighting contrast. The original I really like because as an untouched photo it captures the natural quality of the light on an autumn evening in Paris just before dusk. However, the modified pic seems richer because of the shadows. The photo is of the Pantheon in Paris, not too far from the Sorbonne. What I really like about this picture is that I would never have taken it had we not gotten somewhat lost looking for a resturant. While walking aimlessly for quite a long while didn't make my feet very happy, taking this picture made up for it and has served to remind me to look on the bright side.

So, I'm asking you, yes YOU, to post a comment on which photo you prefer. I would greatly appreciate your input. Thanks in advance!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i like the first pic better. the lighting is nice and i like it better without the shadows.

9:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:01 AM  
Blogger KAS said...

I vote for #1. Natural lighting that captures the essence of a beautiful fall evening in Paris.

3:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the deleted comment was an advertisement to "make money on my blog" and I have issues with that.

12:06 PM  
Blogger JC said...

By the way, that's Mr. Chang to you.

3:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home