Friday, April 07, 2006

Twiddling Me Thumbs

Well, it's been just over five months since I've moved to the Netherlands and I honestly have to admit that at this stage not working or having any other responsibilities is getting quite boring. I'm sure there are many people who would love to be in my situation but the truth is that I just don't do well without a job. I've explored a good deal of Den Haag at this point and can get around pretty well, however, there isn't much use in knowing how to get around when there isn't much reason FOR getting around. Of course, to say I have been doing nothing is to overstate the matter a bit. I have applied to graduate school and now have to wait for a reply. I've applied for a residence permit which I am also waiting to hear about. I have yet to apply for a work permit, since I need a residence permit to do that... more waiting. I am registered for French lessons but I don't start those until the beginning of next month (ahem... waiting). All this waiting is getting on my nerves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home