Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Reincarnation

If I had my say in it I'd come back as a cat, with one qualification, I have to have my own human butler. I'm not being greedy here, I don't need an entire family, even though they're cute like that.
Why, you may ask? Because anyone who has ever owned a cat (I'm using the word "owned" loosely here becasuse everyone knows that humans are owned by cats, very posh cats, that is) knows that they tolerate our existance becasue we make such nice things to sleep on. One of my favorite things in life is to see a cat sprawled out in a patch of sunlight, preferably in a bookshop window somewhere. I think I could handle the routine as well; eat, nap, move to another location, nap, stretch, chase birds, sleep, eat, nap... you get the picture.
One thing I could never figure out though is why dog-lovers seem to virulently hate cats. The reverse is less likely, cat people don't despise dogs, they just like cats a lot more. Perhaps it's because cats are solitary and aloof while dogs are dependent and let's face it, slightly less bright. When a dog looks at you with its tongue hanging out the expression reads, "me like you" while the expression on a cat's face usually reads, "what's up, you're still here huh? Suits me, I'm going to take a nap." Or something of the sort.
Yeah, I'm a cat person.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home