Wednesday, October 11, 2006

FYI

Hello all, just a word about my photos on the internet. Most of the people I know view my pics on my website (there is a link to the right). However, I now have a flickr account which can be reached by clicking the small "JC Media" button on the right towards the bottom. The reason I'm mentioning this is that my website is part of my .Mac account and I really don't like the interface or the layout dispite Apple's claims to user friendliness. Editing current photos or adding new ones to existing photo galleries is often a pain and as a result I don't think I've added anything new photos there for six months now. The flickr account on the other hand is very easy to use, plus it's interactive. Anyone with a yahoo account can easily set up a flickr account which is free. Then you may add comments, browse thousands of fantastic photos by clicking the "Explore" link, network with other users, and of course, post your own photos. The only downside is that with the free account you only get a certain amount of downloadable bandwidth per month, so if you have a ton of photos to post you have to be somewhat selective or post in batches every month. Oh... I suppose some people may not like the fact that it's not possible to customize the look of their pages but I think that really doesn't matter since it's the content (your photos) that really matters. I've only been using the service for a short time but the interface is so simple to use I think it's the host I'll be using the most from now on. So if you've never seen ANY of my photos (and you would like to) I would start by clicking the link to "My Website." However, if you're interested in my favorite and future pictures, I'd click on the "JC Media" button. In addition I'd love for others to post their pics as well. I've already checked out some of Kevski's pics of the graffiti project he's working on with disadvantaged kids. Hope to see you all at flickr!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home