Friday, June 16, 2006

Ah...Summer!

Well, summer is finally here in the Netherlands and it's a busy one for me and my girlfriend. We've had visitors from the States staying with us for the past month and a half. We are currently enjoying our two week break before another month of guests. I have a wedding to attend in the UK coming up at the end of July and my sister is tying the knot back in good ol' Minnesota come September. I recieved word from the local authorities here that I have to take a test to determine my knowledge of the Dutch language when I go in to get my residence permit. If I'm found lacking in that department I have to take lessons on Dutch culture as well as language lessons. Since I really only know a few words of Dutch I'm guessing it's off to the language gulags for me. I'm also still trying to get into a French language course right now. I know, I know, why French when I'm living in the Netherlands? Well, it's just something I've promised myself I'm going to do. So now I'll be learning two languages at the same time. My brain hurts just thinking about it!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

so you are maybe thinking of visiting germany when taneli is there or were you hoping he would visit you. i was also thinking about trying to make it there. we should all attempt to meet up. it would be cool.

7:59 PM  
Blogger JC said...

Well GT I've actually considered going to visit Taneli, but it all sort of depends on whether or not I have the time and money. But if you are making plans keep me posted and I will see what I can do.

1:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home