Tuesday, June 06, 2006

(Former) Eastern Bloc Hi-jinks


I have just returned from my first trip to Prague. What can I say about it? It was visually stunning, a veritable feast for the eyes, especially with regard to architecture. It reminded me a lot of Budapest. Kind of a Budapest on acid maybe. I was travelling with my sister and my girlfriend. For the most part we were well-behaved tourists. Gawping at all the statuary and beautiful gothic buildings occupied a good portion of our time. On our last evening there we ate food a a pleasant sudent pub where the fair was excellent and the half litres of beer were cheap. Since we liked it so much we were there for several hours, until at last we were so drunk that continued drinking would have resulted in the "I love you man" stage of enibriation. As we stumbled back to our hotel bouncing off the buildings on either side of the narrow lanes we did our best to make complete asses of ourselves. Upon arriving at our hotel my sister suggested that we visit the cabaret across the street. I had to decline, something about patronizing a strip-joint with my sister and my girlfriend just didn't seem appropriate. They however were not finished with their evening. Posing as lesbians, or perhaps just mistaken for lesbians, they boldly entered the establishment. I will spare you the details the later recounted to me, but suffice to say that they were there for only twenty minutes. Longe enough, I suppose to feel all sorts of uncomfortable feelings. I'm just happy that I'm able to truthfully say, "my sister and my girlfriend went to a Czech strip club and all I got was this lousy T-shirt!"

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you went to Prague and didn't visit any hole in the wall bars and buy pot from people at the bar. that's wrong. you must experience all parts of the culture. of course you have to get the lowdown as to which bar to visit in order to complete this experience. even thoug one time mr. magic who spent his time making circles as he told us did find someone for us to buy hash from.

9:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home