Monday, August 07, 2006

Hard @$$ F**k


I missed both Satuday and Sunday I'm afraid but I'm back again for a quick update post. Hopefully more will follow tonight. Saturday Kimberlee and I woke up early to meet a friend of ours in Amsterdam. We met his boyfriend and the four of us went to Amsterdam's annual Gay Pride Parade. I think what made this a unique event is that the parade is held on the canals so the "floats" literally float. I hope to post some pictures at some point. It was good fun as we sat on a barge with other spectators to view the parade, drink beer, and soak up the festive spirit.
After 6 hours of sun, beverage, and half naked homosexuals however, Kim and I were exhaused so we returned home for a quiet evening.
Yesterday, I ate breakfrast at a Dutch resturant that serves "traditional" (if that is the word for it) English Breakfasts replete with beans in tomato sauce. It was good, but not as good as on the island. The 14 euro price tag was also a bit steep. I guess you pay for the priveledge of getting a cappuccino with your meal (as oppossed to simply tea). In any event it was straight from there to the beach with a handful of friends. I tried my hand a windsurfing and just as I was getting the hang of it, I found myself a long way from shore and too tired to get back. I was towed in by a friendly Dutch womand and here son in the end, but not before I felt completely embarassed. Still, I tried something new and I have resolved to give it another go as soon as the opportunity affords itself. The upside is that my tan is starting to come along now that it's the end of summer. That night we had a barbeque and enjoyed one anothers' company. A full and somewhat exhausting weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home