Saturday, September 09, 2006

Maintinance on Tram Line Begins Without Consulting Me


Dateline: The Hague, Netherlands
Just outside my kitchen window, on the street below runs a tram line. Normally when that window is open we are treated to the pleasant sound of metal grinding on metal every 15 minutes or so. However, that sort of comes with the territory. However, I recently woke up early on a Saturday morning and as I was preparing my coffee, I was greeted by the unmistakable staccato clatter of... jackhammering?! This was at 8am on a Saturday people! OK, I realize that it's not exactly feasable to repair tram lines during peak traffic hours, but... What got my goat was that the Mayor, whose office is across the street, never even bothered to let me know. And we were on such good terms after he sent me that "welcome to the 'buurt' letter" when I first got here. So I am taking him off my Christmas card list. I am certain that will lead him to recognize the error of his ways.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home