Friday, December 15, 2006

Trying Hard not to Crawl Out of my Skin

This will be my last post from the land of the Bog People. I feel a bit strange at the moment. I think I've mentioned this before, feeling neither here nor there. After the movers finished removing our things from the apartment I felt the need to get on the plane and get back home. I'm not necessarily in a hurry to leave here, but I'm anxious to get on with the next chapter of my life, whatever that may be. It's kind of like jumping off a 50 foot cliff into an abandoned quarry
filled with water somewhere outside Akron, OH. The time it takes from
the moment you jump to the time you hit the water makes your taint
tingle and allows a bit of reflection over whether or not the decision
to jump was really a good one and if your sister wouldn't mind adopting
your cat even though her husband is allergic since you're probably not
going to survive the impact...oh SHIT!!! Free-falling.... such a curious
sensation.

I don't think anyone is really happy with waiting, which is exactly what we are doing at the moment. Part of me is saying, "enjoy every last moment you have since you don't know when, if ever, you'll have this opportunity again." The other part is saying, "let's get the show on the road, are we moving or what?" Then of course there are the parts that are caught somewhere in the exchange. I also hate good-byes. You would think that after moving so many times in my life I would have gotten more used to it by now, but I'm not.

What can I say except that I'm moving with some real mixed feelings. It's a bit of a mindfuck to say the least. I'm both excited and a little apprehensive. Perhaps I need to stop drinking so much coffee and chain-smoking?

Anyhow thanks for listening to me rant. I will post again as soon as I have the chance. Wish us luck!





powered by performancing firefox

2 Comments:

Blogger Hulles said...

Good luck! It's cold here right now, or seems so since I didn't dress correctly today. Talk to you soon, hopefully.

11:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

welcome back to america you unpatriotic heathen. you should feel lucky and be thankful that we allow you back into our great country.

1:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home