Friday, April 20, 2007

Back in the Saddle... Sort of

Not that there is anyone still reading my blog at this point but I can always post for posterity. Come to think of it, that's a halfway decent slogan. "Post for Posterity!" "Postmodernists for Postings!" "Posthumous Posters of Potsdam Postulate Postage!" Stick that in your metaphor mixers, bitches! But I digress, I have been a bit busy lately. You see, since I am still unemployed (and possibly unemployable?) and only know about three people in this city I have had to take some community ed. classes to have something to do in the evening. I'm taking a drawing course, Russian language course, and intermediate French. They are all pretty decent classes, especially when one considers the total cost was just a brown curly over 100 bones. The drawing course is pretty much for fun, but it also gets me drawing regularly which I haven't done for years. So far I've only had one French class and it was a bit disorganized so I really didn't learn anything new, but tonight should be a different story. Russian by far is probably the biggest challenge since I am still getting accustomned to the alphabet. Still, all of them are great and as I said it gets me out of the house and interacting with other people for a change. I think that my eyes were beginning to cloud over from lack of sunlight and my sking has become almost translucent. I guess that last bit is not too bad if you want to do an anatomy lesson on the circulatory system without having to actually make any incisions.
In other news, KAS and I have been going for more frequent walks now that the weather is nicer. There are some pretty good parks very close to us which means I need to invest in a frisbee. I'm also going to hit the rock climbing gym as soon as I have a free Saturday afternoon to devote to retaking the safety skills course. Oh yeah, and I have been actually looking for a job as well. I'm not sure how many resumes I've sent out via email, but it has been enough to make my rheumy eyes glaze over every time I sit down at my computer to crank out more cover letters.

Perhaps another post forthcoming should my plans for Kendo lessons fall through.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Cautiously Optimistic said...

Ah yes, the heady days of grinding out cover letter after cl, resume after resume. Miss them I do not, and repeat them, I shall. Your brothers (and sisters) in arms hear your bemoaning cry, JC, and which it were otherwise. On the other hand, as I type this, The Chairman of the Board is currently belting out "You Make Me Feel So Young" on The Current, so, life can't be all bad, non?

"J'aime appelle Dahveed - commennet'apelle tou?" That horridly mangled and misspelled "French" sentence I just "wrote" is about the only French I can remember, other than the ubiquitous "will you sleep with me tonight?" phrase popularized in that '70's song, and things like "frommage" and "merde". So, I heartily commend you for getting out there, vampiric skin and all, and facing the interlocutors of the world. My advice: lean back a lot, cross your arms, put your right pointer finger up to your mouth a lot, get that "Spock" eyebrow thing going coupled with a sort of "confused thinking look", add a goatee if necessary, and do a lot of vocal grumbling/clearing of the throat as you utter the stereotypical "Ah haaa haaa hooeumm" French-sound. Classy!

3:44 PM  
Blogger JC said...

If I remeber correctly, Spock always seemed to have immaculately groomed eyebrows. I could not possibly achieve this effect since my brows are make of low gage soldering wire. I is a nice thought though.

9:35 PM  
Blogger Hulles said...

Good luck on the job search. And glad to have you back posting.

12:40 AM  
Blogger JC said...

Thanks Hulles, It's good to be back.

6:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home