Thursday, May 10, 2007

Pirates vs. Ninjas

So, I've been having this debate with my sister's husband regarding who would win the fight between a pirate and a ninja. Personally, I don't think it's much of a contest. The ninja would win hands down, but some people see things otherwise. I'm not saying pirates aren't tough, Captain Morgan has kicked my ass a couple of times... It's just that I don't see a one-eyed amputee with bad hygiene and a vitamin deficiency standing up to a stealthy, disciplined assassin in a black jumpsuit... parrot or no. In fact, I'd wager that the reason pirates are missing legs, hands, and eyes is because they got on the bad side of a ninja.
Still, I invite you all to tell me whom you think would win. Extra, bonus, cool-kid points if you give a reason why you feel the way you do.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger JC said...

I couldn't agree more. "Drivin' me nuts." Good one!

2:15 AM  
Blogger Hulles said...

Arrrgh. Ninja for sure, much as I hates to say it. And tag, you're memed. I can't believe I'm doing that....

7:54 PM  
Blogger Cautiously Optimistic said...

The pirate would definitely win - at dying! ;-) Yep, no question 'bout it; the pirate is to a cudgel as a ninja is to a scalpel. Ole One Eye can deal some damage, be it with their gunnery, foul language, rotten breath, herpes simplex, or their rusty rapier. The ninja, however, will already be back on their boat, slowly rowing away w/the matey's treasure, before Bluebeard even knew what hit him. Except for that throwing star just below the naval, sent as a reminder soon after the ninja makes his (or her) escape, as a calling card of his/her presence and absconding efforts. And down to Davy Jones locker he goes...

8:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the pirate will be like, "ow, my balls!"

3:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pirates are trying to improve their situation by starting the kids early:
http://www.pirateparenting.com/

11:53 PM  
Blogger JC said...

Hulles-Glad you argree. Since you have now memed me, I hope there is no fast-approaching time limit. Touche!

C.O.-Your graphic depictions make me wonder if you have some kind of personal experience in this matter. Perhaps YOU are a ninja!

tim-glad to hear tha the pirates are making some move at bettering themselves. Perhaps they just need better PR? That said, you really can't get a better spokesperson than Jonny Depp.

10:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

for the record -I've been witness to a fight between a ninja and a pirate and although the pirate did try his best the ninja won easily.

7:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home